FISHING BETWEEN THE MASSES
What started out as one assignment unfolded as a series of miracles. I can truly attest to the fact that you get out of life what you put into it.
Before leaving town, one of my remaining divine appointments, for this trip anyway, was singing for four Sunday Masses at St. Anastasia in Fort Pierce. I offered the song Holy Spirit Come To Me as a meditation song after Communion. Sweet Jennie Capezza and her family attended the 9:30 service. Her two girls, twins, Abby and Kate, sang with the choir for that Mass and it was breathtaking. Seven beautiful girls sang together like a choir of angels. (CLICK HERE to watch a video recording of this performance on YouTube.)
After the 9:30 Mass, Jennie's adorable son Luke asked, "Mrs. Hoy, my dad and I are going fishing today. Would you like to come with us?" It took all of two seconds for me to say, "Yes!" Then I remembered I had to be back to sing for the 5:00 service.
"But Luke," I said. "I have to be back to sing for the 5:00." I looked to his dad, and asked, "Can you get me back in time, Louis?" "Sure." He said with a sweet smile. Just meet us at the marina after the 11:00, jump on the boat and we'll go. We'll have you back to the dock by 4:15 or so."
It was a beautiful Florida day and our trip was a huge success. The guys limited out on Snapper and we were also able to catch and release seven other species that day; Black Drum, Puffer Fish, Sheeps Head, Lady Fish, Sting Ray and Blue Fish. Louis said he hadn't seen some of those kind of fish since he was a kid. One of my favorite moments was being there for the biggest catch of Luke's life. I got all choked up and felt so blessed to be there as father and son high-fived in the moment. Hanging out in a Manatee Zone, watching dolphins, countless birds and fellow fisher people was a huge blessing. It didn't even matter that my hair was a wind-blown mess as I ran to my car and quickly drove back to the church. I pulled my dress on in the parking lot and didn't bother to change from my flip-flops to heels. Thank God for hairspray. With a sun-kissed face and the smell of fish on my hands, I took my place with choir. Out of courtesy, I turned to the choir director and whispered, "Kristin, if you smell bait, it's me."
I could have flown home early because it made the most financial sense but I chose to wait on God. Trusting Him as I booked my flight. Not knowing if anything would happen after the retreat for John Carroll. I listened and I heard right. God did have more for me to do. As a result, all that you have read and many miraculous moments I have not written about... happened. Fishing between the Masses was such a gift.
If you read my earlier posts, you may remember, The Luggage Lady. Well, wouldn't you know it, Sister Immaculata followed me to the airport to see me off and The Luggage Lady (Michelle) was there at the ticket counter. God certainly was not going to let Michelle miss the opportunity to meet the nun who ran past her at the airport on the day of my arrival.
11 You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. (NASB)
- Meeting Tanner Johnson on the flight to Melbourne. He was on his way to the Florida Institute of Technology to begin as a first year student. I'm still praying for him, his mom, Laura and his dad, Mark.
- Mass with John Carroll High School Faculty and Staff
- Morning Mass at St. Anastasia with Fr. James Bowman
- Sudden opportunity (a divine appointment) with St. Anastasia Faculty and staff
- Meeting Kristen Jones, “That’s me!”
- Cutting Out The Middle Man
- Presenting for Ascension Catholic School Classes with Elizabeth Bump
- Lunch at Applebee’s
- Photo op with Betsy and Shelly
- Rick and Mary Blucker
- Bev and Al, you are still in my heart and prayers.
- Paul and Emily Kubica, Laserchrome, amazing stuff!
- Back to the Sister’s house for Prayer and Jeopardy
- Wine and Gold Fish crackers, tea and scones too.
- Daily Mass at Ascension, Prayer at 7:30 prayer
- Dear Sharlene...
- Dinner with Elizabeth Bump, Wayne, Suzie and Maryann and their dogs, forever in my heart.
- Sister Blessed me with Holy Oil of The Little Flower
- Friday night at the Hilton; The Crime Scene
- Saturday, check out and back to Kennedy Space Center for freeze dried ice cream.
- Off to Fort Pierce To the Beach with Jennie, Louis, Kate, Abby and Luke
- Bullheads and Bait and men swimming in their underwear
- To the fruit stand! Al’s Family Farms was closed.
- Found the best souvenir shop in the land! Boudrais Groves
- Saturday night at the Capezza’s, Playing Guitar, Lot’s of Ribs and Chicken
- Two Fathers, Father Richard E. George II and Fr. James Bowman
- Fr. Bowman and Celtic Thunder
- Fr. Richard E. George II, thank You for the opportunity to serve.
- Jennie’s Dad and Mom, special prayers for you two, always.
- Photo Op with Betsy and Shelly, The Wall of Fame,
- To The Morning Muffin Bunch, you remain in my prayers.
- Laura Dodson, Writer CNS Thanks for a great visit! So many stories to tell.
- Sister Joseph and her meeting Muriel, the Volunteer
- God brings just the right people at just the right time.
- Sr. Immaculata gave me a copy of the Shorter Christian Prayer Book
- What Luke Said first day of school...
- Membership is Up!
- No Sad Goodbyes, I will be back.